Resident Utility Project Representative (RUPR)
Locations May Vary – Covering Tennessee & Northern Alabama
5-6 Month Contract- expected start date October 1, 2020
Hethcoat & Davis, Inc. is looking for a Resident Utility Project Representative for an approximate five-month contract opportunity. This individual would be responsible for observing construction activities and determining compliance with plans and specifications. This position will require the RUPR to be onsite when the contractor is conducting work activities related to the construction of the project. If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hethcoat & Davis, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary civil engineering firm featuring expertise and specialization in water, wastewater and utility design, permitting, storm water management, and more!
• 3-5 years of experience in utility related construction or operation and maintenance of utility systems. Experience in a municipal utility environment is a plus.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
• Must have the ability to observe construction activities and determine compliance with the plans and specifications.
• Must have the ability to communicate verbally with contractors, owner personnel and the engineering team.
• Must have good writing and organizational skills in order to prepare and keep daily logs and daily reports and maintain other associated project paperwork.
• Must be self-motivated and display the ability to be prompt and reliable and be at the jobsite with limited direction.
• Must have the physical ability to move about a construction site to observe construction work activity with some walking, stepping and stooping.
• Have the ability to take and log construction progress photos.
• Experience with basic Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License along with a personal vehicle and valid automobile insurance in order to commute to and from the project site.
• Must have a personal cellular phone for communication with Contractor, Owner and Engineer.
• Must have access to internet service and maintain a personal email account.
Salary & Benefits
• Position is hourly and is based on time worked when contractor work forces are engaged.
• Pay - $32 to $35/hour depending upon experience. Potential exists for overtime in excess of 40 hours/week depending upon the contractor work schedule. Travel expenses are additional and are dependent upon employee location to the project site.
• This individual would be a 1099 employee.
Hethcoat & Davis, Inc. is a consulting engineering firm focused on supporting municipal and utility clients in the area of infrastructure improvements. Primary services include technical and construction related activities related to potable water, sanitary sewerage, natural gas, site development, and other related areas.